Jump to Main Content
- Rakociński, Michał; Racki, Grzegorz
- Global and planetary change 2016 v.136 pp. 30-40
- Cephalopoda; Cyanobacteria; basins; carbonates; eutrophication; grazing; marine environment; microbial activity; microbial communities; mortality; mountains; niches; shrubs; storms; topographic slope; Alberta; Australia; China; Poland; Russia
- ... Microbial carbonates, consisting of abundant girvanellid oncoids, are described from cephalopod-crinoid and crinoid-brachiopod coquinas (rudstones) occurring in the lowermost Famennian of the Holy Cross Mountains, Poland. A Girvanella-bearing horizon (consist with numerous girvanellid oncoids) has been recognised at the Psie Górki section, and represents the northern slope succession of the drowne ...
- Harada, Naomi
- Global and planetary change 2016 v.136 pp. 1-17
- acidification; biogeochemical cycles; ice; marine ecosystems; nutrients; observational studies; ocean acidification; primary productivity; satellites; simulation models; Arctic region
- ... The reduction of sea ice in the Arctic Ocean, which has progressed more rapidly than previously predicted, has the potential to cause multiple environmental stresses, including warming, acidification, and strengthened stratification of the ocean. Observational studies have been undertaken to detect the impacts on biogeochemical cycles and marine ecosystems of these environmental stresses in the Ar ...