Jump to Main Content
- Deng, Tao; Wang, Xiaoming; Wu, Feixiang; Wang, Yang; Li, Qiang; Wang, Shiqi; Hou, Sukuan
- Global and planetary change 2019 v.174 pp. 58-69
- hinterland, etc ; Anabas testudineus; Miocene epoch; Oligocene epoch; Pliocene epoch; carp; fauna; fossils; geochemistry; mammals; phylogeny; snow; tectonics; tropics; zoogeography; Africa; China; Indian Ocean; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The uplift of the Tibetan Plateau is an important geological event, but there is considerable controversy about its growth history. Different geological observations contribute to this controversial issue, while data from geochemistry, tectonics, and paleontology further fuel the debate. Vertebrate fossils have provided significant evidence for documenting the uplift of the Tibetan Plateau in the ...
- Wei, Ting; Dong, Zhiwen; Kang, Shichang; Rostami, Masoud; Ulbrich, Sven; Shao, Yaping
- Global and planetary change 2019 v.177 pp. 69-80
- hinterland, etc ; atmospheric circulation; basins; climate; deserts; dust; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; geographical distribution; glaciers; isotopes; moderate resolution imaging spectroradiometer; mountains; provenance; snowpack; soil crusts; spring; streams; strontium; summer; transmission electron microscopes; transmission electron microscopy; China; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... This study investigated the isotopic compositions of Hf, Nd, and Sr in aeolian dust deposited in several glacier basins of the northeast Tibetan Plateau in order to trace the source and provenance of long-range transported (LRT) dust in the region. Transmission electron microscope (TEM) and energy dispersive X-ray spectrometer (EDX) measurements and dust size distributions both indicated that LRT ...