Jump to Main Content
- Deng, Tao; Wang, Xiaoming; Wu, Feixiang; Wang, Yang; Li, Qiang; Wang, Shiqi; Hou, Sukuan
- Global and planetary change 2019 v.174 pp. 58-69
- hinterland, etc ; Anabas testudineus; Miocene epoch; Oligocene epoch; Pliocene epoch; carp; fauna; fossils; geochemistry; mammals; phylogeny; snow; tectonics; tropics; zoogeography; Africa; China; Indian Ocean; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The uplift of the Tibetan Plateau is an important geological event, but there is considerable controversy about its growth history. Different geological observations contribute to this controversial issue, while data from geochemistry, tectonics, and paleontology further fuel the debate. Vertebrate fossils have provided significant evidence for documenting the uplift of the Tibetan Plateau in the ...
- Vasiliev, Iuliana; Reichart, Gert-Jan; Krijgsman, Wout; Mulch, Andreas
- Global and planetary change 2019 v.172 pp. 428-439
- hinterland, etc ; Miocene epoch; Pliocene epoch; air temperature; alkaline soils; basins; biomarkers; climatic factors; cold; cooling; hydrogen; rivers; sea level; soil pH; Black Sea; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The Neogene sedimentary successions of the Black Sea basin are ideal to study ancient paleoclimatic and hydrological changes in the Eurasian continental interior. Previous investigations revealed several phases of strongly enhanced evaporitic and dry conditions in the late Miocene. Here, we present the first reconstructed mean annual air temperature (MAAT) and soil pH data, combined with compound ...