Jump to Main Content
- Wang, X.; Foster, W.J.; Yan, J.; Li, A.; Mutti, M.
- Global and planetary change 2019 v.180 pp. 1-15
- Capitanian age, etc ; Animalia; Changhsingian age; Wuchiapingian age; basins; ecosystems; euphotic zone; extinction; reefs; topography; China; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Following the Middle Permian (Capitanian) mass extinction there was a global ‘reef eclipse’, and this event had an important role in the Paleozoic-Mesozoic transition of reef ecosystems. Furthermore, the recovery pattern of reef ecosystems in the Wuchiapingian of South China, before the radiation of Changhsingian reefs, is poorly understood. Here, we present a detailed sedimentological account of ...
- Bagherpour, Borhan; Bucher, Hugo; Yuan, Dong-xun; Leu, Marc; Zhang, Chao; Shen, Shu-Zhong
- Global and planetary change 2018
- Capitanian age, etc ; Wuchiapingian age; benthic organisms; biodiversity; extinction; limestone; shale; subsidence; volcanic activity; China; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Although the precise age and magnitude of the end-Guadalupian biodiversity crisis is still debated, this “mass” extinction has been customarily linked with the onset of massive volcanism in the Emeishan Large Igneous Province (ELIP) in south China. The onset of ELIP eruptive activity at least partly coincides in time with episodes of regional subsidence interrupting the predominant regime of carbo ...