Jump to Main Content
- Peltier, Drew M. P.; Ogle, Kiona
- Global change biology 2019 v.25 no.1 pp. 121-133
- Southwestern United States, etc ; El Nino; La Nina; autocorrelation; climate; conifers; drought; growing season; growth rings; monsoon season; mortality; plasticity; tree growth; trees; winter; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... While we often assume tree growth–climate relationships are time‐invariant, impacts of climate phenomena such as the El Niño Southern Oscillation (ENSO) and the North American Monsoon (NAM) may challenge this assumption. To test this assumption, we grouped ring widths (1900‐present) in three southwestern US conifers into La Niña periods (LNP) and other years (OY). The 4 years following each La Niñ ...
- Anderegg, William R. L.; Anderegg, Leander D. L.; Huang, Cho‐ying
- Global change biology 2019 v.25 no.7 pp. 2459-2469
- Southwestern United States, etc ; Landsat; algorithms; climatic factors; drought; mortality; prediction; remote sensing; tree mortality; trees; tropical forests; water stress; Amazonia; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Climate change‐driven drought stress has triggered numerous large‐scale tree mortality events in recent decades. Advances in mechanistic understanding and prediction are greatly limited by an inability to detect in situ where trees are likely to die in order to take timely measurements and actions. Thus, algorithms of early warning and detection of drought‐induced tree stress and mortality could h ...