Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Jia; Tian, Hanqin; Pan, Shufen; Chen, Guangsheng; Zhang, Bowen; Dangal, Shree
- Global change biology 2018 v.24 no.5 pp. 1919-1934
- El Nino; canopy; carbon; carbon cycle; chlorophyll; drought; dry season; ecosystems; emissions; environmental impact; forests; models; photosynthesis; solar radiation; statistical analysis; surface water temperature; trees; wet season
- ... Amazon droughts have impacted regional ecosystem functioning as well as global carbon cycling. The severe dry‐season droughts in 2005 and 2010, driven by Atlantic sea surface temperature (SST) anomaly, have been widely investigated in terms of drought severity and impacts on ecosystems. Although the influence of Pacific SST anomaly on wet‐season precipitation has been well recognized, it remains u ...
- Zhang, Haicheng; Liu, Shuguang; Regnier, Pierre; Yuan, Wenping
- Global change biology 2018 v.24 no.5 pp. 2066-2078
- algorithms; biosphere; carbon cycle; chilling requirement; cold treatment; dormancy; ecosystems; heat sums; leaves; models; phenology; plant growth; spring; temperature; vegetation; winter; China
- ... Constraints of temperature on spring plant phenology are closely related to plant growth, vegetation dynamics, and ecosystem carbon cycle. However, the effects of temperature on leaf onset, especially for winter chilling, are still not well understood. Using long‐term, widespread in situ phenology observations collected over China for multiple plant species, this study analyzes the quantitative re ...