Jump to Main Content
- Carroll, Carlos; Parks, Sean A.; Dobrowski, Solomon Z.; Roberts, David R.
- Global change biology 2018 v.24 no.11 pp. 5318-5331
- Southwestern United States, etc ; General Circulation Models; climate change; climatic factors; conservation areas; dispersal behavior; emissions; land use; landscapes; planning; refuge habitats; temperate forests; topography; uncertainty; Alaska; Arctic region; Canada; Mexico; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... As climatic conditions shift in coming decades, persistence of many populations will depend on their ability to colonize habitat newly suitable for their climatic requirements. Opportunities for such range shifts may be limited unless areas that facilitate dispersal under climate change are identified and protected from land uses that impede movement. While many climate adaptation strategies focus ...
- Kominoski, John S.; Ruhí, Albert; Hagler, Megan M.; Petersen, Kelly; Sabo, John L.; Sinha, Tushar; Sankarasubramanian, Arumugam; Olden, Julian D.
- Global change biology 2018 v.24 no.3 pp. 1175-1185
- Southwestern United States, etc ; basins; climate; extinction; fish eggs; freshwater; freshwater fish; highlands; indigenous species; introduced species; life history; longevity; regression analysis; reproduction; risk; rivers; species diversity; stream flow; streams; watersheds; Colorado River; Southeastern United States; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Effective conservation of freshwater biodiversity requires spatially explicit investigations of how dams and hydroclimatic alterations among climate regions may interact to drive species to extinction. We investigated how dams and hydroclimatic alterations interact with species ecological and life history traits to influence past extirpation probabilities of native freshwater fishes in the Upper a ...