Jump to Main Content
- Matthews, Robin B.; Rivington, Mike; Muhammed, Shibu; Newton, Adrian C.; Hallett, Paul D.
- Global food security 2013 v.2 no.1 pp. 24-28
- carbon footprint; climate; climate change; crop models; crop production; cropping systems; crops; decision support systems; diet; education; farmers; food production; food security; nutrients; production technology; risk assessment; simulation models; temperature
- ... Food production systems in the next decades need to adapt, not only to increase production to meet the demand of a higher population and changes in diets using less land, water and nutrients, but also to reduce their carbon footprint and to warmer temperatures and altered precipitation patterns resulting from climate change. Crop simulation models offer a research tool for evaluating trade-offs of ...
- Shen, Jianbo; Cui, Zhenling; Miao, Yuxin; Mi, Guohua; Zhang, Hongyan; Fan, Mingsheng; Zhang, Chaochun; Jiang, Rongfeng; Zhang, Weifeng; Li, Haigang; Chen, Xinping; Li, Xiaolin; Zhang, Fusuo
- Global food security 2013 v.2 no.1 pp. 1-8
- agricultural development; business enterprises; climate; cropping systems; environmental quality; farmers; food security; grain yield; greenhouse gas emissions; intensive farming; nutrient use efficiency; rhizosphere; soil; soil organic matter; soil quality; sustainable agriculture; systems engineering; China
- ... The challenges facing agriculture in China are probably more severe than ever before. We have developed an integrated technology system in which the focus is on achieving both high crop productivity and high resource use efficiency (“double high” technology system) to ensure food security and environmental sustainability. The components comprise (1) significantly increased grain-yield through high ...