Jump to Main Content
- Mock, Nancy; Morrow, Nathan; Papendieck, Adam
- Global food security 2013 v.2 no.1 pp. 41-49
- communications technology; data collection; decision making; food security; household surveys; issues and policy; nutrition
- ... Food and Nutrition Security Information (FNSI) is a critical tool for achieving food and nutrition security, yet FNSI efforts to date have not produced the intended impacts on policy and program decision making, largely due to shortcomings in available technologies and frameworks. The article reviews the evolution of FNSI efforts in the context of emerging technology and data collection techniques ...
- Carletto, Calogero; Zezza, Alberto; Banerjee, Raka
- Global food security 2013 v.2 no.1 pp. 30-40
- data collection; food security; household surveys; monitoring; nutrition; periodicity; stakeholders
- ... A variety of indicators are currently used for food security analysis, monitoring, and programming, and most agencies have their preferred variant on methods of data collection, aggregation, and analysis. This lack of consensus is reflected in an inefficient multiplicity of survey instruments collecting information on various dimensions of food and nutrition security, with tremendous variation in ...