Jump to Main Content
- Carletto, Calogero; Zezza, Alberto; Banerjee, Raka
- Global food security 2013 v.2 no.1 pp. 30-40
- data collection; food security; household surveys; monitoring; nutrition; periodicity; stakeholders
- ... A variety of indicators are currently used for food security analysis, monitoring, and programming, and most agencies have their preferred variant on methods of data collection, aggregation, and analysis. This lack of consensus is reflected in an inefficient multiplicity of survey instruments collecting information on various dimensions of food and nutrition security, with tremendous variation in ...
- Fiedler, John L.
- Global food security 2013 v.2 no.1 pp. 56-63
- food consumption; food security; household consumption; household surveys; households; information processing; nutrition assessment; nutrition information; nutrition policy; questionnaires; stakeholders
- ... The dearth of nationally representative dietary assessment studies continues to severely constrain the nutrition evidence base and throttle the pace of global progress in improving nutrition. Despite their shortcomings, household consumption and expenditures surveys (HCESs) are increasingly being used to address the food and nutrition information gap because they contain a great deal of informatio ...