Jump to Main Content
- Bloem, S.; de Pee, S.
- Global food security 2017 v.12 pp. 80-88
- hinterland, etc ; cities; food security; foods; infrastructure; issues and policy; malnutrition; nutrition; planning; sanitation; urban population; urbanization; Africa; Asia; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Since 2008 the world has become predominantly urban. By 2050, there will be 2.5 billion more people living in cities and most of these will be in small and medium-size cities in Africa and Asia. These continents are home to high malnutrition rates. Policy makers will need to ensure that food and nutrition security can be achieved by the growing urban populations, including the urban poor, in order ...
- Masters, William A.; Djurfeldt, Agnes Andersson; De Haan, Cornelis; Hazell, Peter; Jayne, Thomas; Jirström, Magnus; Reardon, Thomas
- Global food security 2013 v.2 no.3 pp. 156-165
- hinterland, etc ; Elaeis guineensis; agricultural research; commercialization; crops; farm size; farms; food security; livestock; sugars; tea; urbanization; Africa; Asia; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Urbanization and economic development have made global agriculture increasingly differentiated. Many hinterland farms remain largely self-sufficient, while farms closer to markets become increasingly specialized and linked to agribusinesses. Both semi-subsistence and commercialized farms remain family operations, with the few successful investor-owned farms found mainly for livestock and crops pro ...