Jump to Main Content
- Messora, Rita; Florenzano, Assunta; Torri, Paola; Mercuri, Anna Maria; Muzzalupo, Innocenzo; Arru, Laura
- Grana 2017 v.56 no.3 pp. 204-214
- Olea europaea; crops; cultivars; exine; light microscopy; morphometry; olives; pollen; reticulum; scanning electron microscopy; Italy
- ... Pollen morphology of 14 cultivars of Olea europaea subsp. europaea var. europaea was analysed in order to discriminate main pollen types. The cultivars were selected from the most spread and early flowering crops grown in Italy. Morphometric parameters were observed on acetolysed pollen by means of light microscopy and scanning electron microscopy. Polar axis (P), equatorial diameter (E), P / E ra ...
- Ramírez-Valencia, Valentina; Sanín, David
- Grana 2017 v.56 no.3 pp. 187-203
- Serpocaulon; chloroplast DNA; correspondence analysis; image analysis; morphometry; phylogeny; scanning electron microscopy; spores; variance
- ... The morphometry and sculpture pattern of Serpocaulon spores was studied in a phylogenetic context. The species studied were those used in a published phylogenetic analysis based on chloroplast DNA regions. Four additional Polypodiaceae species were examined for comparative purposes. We used scanning electron microscopy to image 580 specimens of spores from 29 species of the 48 recognised taxa. Fou ...