Jump to Main Content
- Lane, G.P.F., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Grass and forage science 2008 v.63 no.2 pp. 242-248
- Festuca pratensis; Lolium perenne; Onobrychis viciifolia; crop yield; direct seeding; field experimentation; forage; grasses; spring barley; tetraploidy; United Kingdom
- ... The dry matter (DM) yield and herbage quality of swards of sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia), meadow fescue (Festuca pratensis,) and tetraploid perennial ryegrass (Lolium perenne) grown in monocultures and in four sainfoin:grass mixtures (0·33 sainfoin:0·66 meadow fescue, 0·66 sainfoin:0·33 meadow fescue, 0·33 sainfoin:0·66 perennial ryegrass and 0·66 sainfoin:0·33 perennial ryegrass), established ...
- Lane, G.P.F., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Grass and forage science 2010 v.65 no.1 pp. 11-14
- Festuca pratensis; Lolium perenne; Onobrychis viciifolia; containers; grasses; growing season; planting; roots; shoots; tetraploidy; winter
- ... A 2-year experiment on competition between sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia Scop.), meadow fescue (Festuca pratensis) and tetraploid perennial ryegrass (Lolium perenne) was conducted using plants grown in plastic containers outdoors. Root and shoot systems of sainfoin and the grasses were separated in order to investigate full and no competition of root and shoots, at two planting ratios (0·33 gras ...