Jump to Main Content
- Verdonck, Tim; Verpoort, Philippe; De Strycker, Joost; De Cleene, Ansbert; Banerjee, Dipanjan; Nockemann, Peter; Van Deun, Rik; Van Hecke, Kristof
- Green chemistry 2019 v.21 no.13 pp. 3637-3650
- ambient temperature; carcinogenicity; choline chloride; chromium; electrolytes; green chemistry; industrial applications; solvents; spectral analysis; spectroscopy; steel
- ... Deep eutectic solvents (DESs) based on choline chloride, chromium chloride, and their mixtures with water are emerging as one of the most promising sustainable alternatives to the banned and carcinogenic Cr(vi) electroplating process (REACH Annex XVII). However, the coordination chemistry of these liquids is still largely unresolved and only a limited number of compositions have been studied to da ...
- Shi, Xian-Lei; Sun, Benyu; Hu, Qianqian; Chen, Yongju; Duan, Peigao
- Green chemistry 2019 v.21 no.13 pp. 3573-3582
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; agitation; alcohols; catalysts; catalytic activity; epoxides; green chemistry; impellers; industrial applications; ions; iron; ligands; mechanical properties; polyacrylonitrile; rooting; spinning
- ... Herein, a newly designed fiber-supported iron catalyst was successfully synthesized by rooting diamine ligands into the surface layer of commercially available polyacrylonitrile fiber and then utilizing the diamine groups to immobilize Fe(iii) ions for heterogeneous catalytic ring-opening reactions. The resulting materials were characterized and observed in detail by elemental analysis, mechanical ...