Jump to Main Content
- Dinu, Roxana; Mija, Alice
- Green chemistry 2019 v.21 no.23 pp. 6277-6289
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; biorefining; brittleness; byproducts; composite polymers; copolymerization; crosslinking; deformation; differential scanning calorimetry; ethers; green chemistry; industrial applications; rheology; tensile strength; thermogravimetry
- ... Biorefinery by-products have received much attention in the last few years. Humins are one of these candidates. Nevertheless, one common feature of humins, as a polyfuranic thermoset material, is their inherent brittleness which is a direct consequence of the network's structure. Auto-crosslinked humins networks exhibit only minor deformation and break very easily. Consequently, this behavior limi ...
- Shi, Xian-Lei; Sun, Benyu; Hu, Qianqian; Chen, Yongju; Duan, Peigao
- Green chemistry 2019 v.21 no.13 pp. 3573-3582
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; agitation; alcohols; catalysts; catalytic activity; epoxides; green chemistry; impellers; industrial applications; ions; iron; ligands; mechanical properties; polyacrylonitrile; rooting; spinning
- ... Herein, a newly designed fiber-supported iron catalyst was successfully synthesized by rooting diamine ligands into the surface layer of commercially available polyacrylonitrile fiber and then utilizing the diamine groups to immobilize Fe(iii) ions for heterogeneous catalytic ring-opening reactions. The resulting materials were characterized and observed in detail by elemental analysis, mechanical ...