Jump to Main Content
- Salvachúa, Davinia; Johnson, Christopher W.; Singer, Christine A.; Rohrer, Holly; Peterson, Darren J.; Black, Brenna A.; Knapp, Anna; Beckham, Gregg T.
- Green chemistry 2018 v.20 no.21 pp. 5007-5019
- corn stover, etc ; Pseudomonas putida; adipic acid; bacteria; bioprocessing; bioreactors; carbohydrates; carbon; feeding methods; ferulic acid; gene overexpression; green chemistry; lignin; metabolic engineering; models; p-coumaric acid; shikimate pathway; toxicity; value added; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Muconic acid (MA) is a bio-based platform chemical that can be converted into the commodity petrochemical building blocks adipic acid or terephthalic acid, or used in emerging, performance-advantaged materials. MA is a metabolic intermediate in the β-ketoadipate pathway, and can be produced from carbohydrates or other traditional carbon sources via the shikimate pathway. MA can also be produced fr ...
- Sànchez i NoguéThese authors contributed equally to this work., Violeta; Black, Brenna A.; Kruger, Jacob S.; Singer, Christine A.; Ramirez, Kelsey J.; Reed, Michelle L.; Cleveland, Nicholas S.; Singer, Emily R.; Yi, Xiunan; Yeap, Rou Yi; Linger, Jeffrey G.; Beckham, Gregg T.
- Green chemistry 2018 v.20 no.18 pp. 4349-4365
- corn stover, etc ; Cutaneotrichosporon curvatus; acid treatment; aromatic compounds; biomass; bioreactors; carbon; diesel fuel; distillation; fatty acid methyl esters; feedstocks; fuel production; furfural; green chemistry; hydrolysates; isomerization; lignin; lignocellulose; lipid composition; models; phenotype; screening; sugars; triacylglycerols; yeasts; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Oleaginous microbes are promising platform strains for the production of renewable diesel and fatty-acid derived chemicals given their innate capacity to produce high lipid yields from lignocellulose-derived sugars. Substantial efforts have been conducted to engineer model oleaginous yeasts primarily on model feedstocks, but to enable lipid production from biomass, judicious strain selection based ...