Jump to Main Content
- Raymond, H.A.; Bondoc, M.; McGinnis, J.; Metropulos, K.; Heider, P.; Reed, A.; Saines, S.
- Ground water 2006 v.44 no.1 pp. 16-23
- public water supply, etc ; mathematical models; groundwater contamination; pollution control; land use; aquifers; wellhead protection; drinking water; groundwater; hydrologic models; Ohio; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Since 1999, Ohio EPA hydrogeologists have used two analytic element models (AEMs), the proprietary software GFLOW and U.S. EPA's WhAEM, to delineate protection areas for 535 public water systems. Both models now use the GFLOW2001 solution engine, integrate well with Geographic Information System (GIS) technology, have a user-friendly graphical interface, are capable of simulating a variety of comp ...
- Quast, Konrad W.; Lansey, Kevin; Arnold, Robert; Bassett, Randy L.; Rincon, Martha
- Ground water 2006 v.44 no.3 pp. 453-466
- public water supply, etc ; basins; boric acid; boron; chlorides; dissolved gases; governmental programs and projects; groundwater flow; hydrogen; labeling techniques; oxygen; rivers; runoff; stable isotopes; sulfates; wells; xenon; California; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... A field study was conducted using a combination of intrinsic and artificial tracers to estimate travel times and dilution during transport of infiltrate from a reclaimed water infiltration basin to nearby monitoring wells. A major study objective was to validate boric acid enriched in ¹⁰B as an artificial tracer. Basin 10E at the Rio Hondo Spreading Grounds in Whittier, California, was the site of ...