Jump to Main Content
- Kurtz, J.P.; Wolfe, E.M.; Woodland, A.K.; Foster, S.J.
- Ground water monitoring & remediation 2010 v.30 no.3 pp. 107-112
- air; ethylene dichloride; groundwater; groundwater contamination; pollutants; poly(vinyl chloride); vapors; vinyl chloride; volatile organic compounds; Colorado
- ... Groundwater contamination associated with two former industrial facilities in Denver, Colorado, has led to concerns about vapor intrusion into residences adjacent to the facilities. 1,1,1-Trichloroethane (1,1,1-TCA), 1,1-dichloroethene (1,1-DCE), and trichloroethene (TCE) are the main contaminants of concern in groundwater, with trace levels of 1,2-dichloroethane (1,2-DCA) present at one of the si ...
- Oostrom, Mart; Truex, Michael J.; Tartakovsky, Guzel D.; Wietsma, Tom W.
- Ground water monitoring & remediation 2010 v.30 no.3 pp. 45-56
- analytical methods; carbon tetrachloride; groundwater; groundwater contamination; vadose zone; vapors; volatile organic compounds; water table; United States
- ... Low-permeability layers of the vadose zone containing volatile organic compounds (VOCs) may persist as source zones for long time periods and may provide contamination to groundwater. At sites with low recharge rates, where vapor migration is the dominant transport process, the impact of vadose zone sources on groundwater may be difficult to assess. Typical assessment methods include one-dimension ...