Jump to Main Content
- Dehnert, Jörg; Nestler, Wolfgang; Freyer, Klaus; Treutler, Hanns-Christian; Neitzel, Peter; Walther, Wolfgang
- Grundwasser 1997 v.2 no.1 pp. 25-33
- electrical conductivity; groundwater; radon; spectroscopy; temperature; water table
- ... A new method to optimize the moment for a representative groundwater sampling based on the natural radon content of groundwater was developed. Till now the used criteria are the steadiness of electrical conductivity, temperature and pH-value as well as the repeated renewing of the stand pipe water. The new method is well reproducible. It shortens the pumping time and reduces the costs of sampling. ...
- Wisotzky, Frank; Eckert, Paul
- Grundwasser 1997 v.2 no.1 pp. 11-20
- BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, xylene); aquifers; benzene; biodegradation; carbon dioxide; ethylbenzene; ferric hydroxide; gravel; groundwater; groundwater contamination; manganese oxides; nitrates; oxidants; oxygen; prediction; remediation; sand; soil; sorption; sulfates; toluene; water table; xylene; Germany
- ... In the area of a former gas-works in Düsseldorf (Germany) a soil and groundwater contamination with up to 100 mg/l BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene and xylenes) was investigated. Benzene is the dominant aromatic hydrocarbon in the groundwater. The investigations show a natural biodegradation of BTEX by oxygen, manganese oxides, nitrate, ferric hydroxide and sulfate in the sand and gravel aquif ...