Jump to Main Content
- Jebreen, Hassan; Wohnlich, Stefan; Wisotzky, Frank; Banning, Andre; Niedermayr, Andrea; Ghanem, Marwan
- Grundwasser 2018 v.23 no.1 pp. 91-101
- West Bank, etc ; aquifers; chlorides; equations; evapotranspiration; groundwater; groundwater recharge; karsts; meteorological data; models; quantitative analysis; rain; relative humidity; semiarid zones; solar radiation; temperature; water supply; watersheds; Palestine; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Knowledge of groundwater recharge constitutes a valuable tool for sustainable management in karst systems. In this respect, a quantitative evaluation of groundwater recharge can be considered a pre-requisite for the optimal operation of groundwater resources systems, particular for semi-arid areas. This paper demonstrates the processes affecting recharge in Palestine aquifers. The Central Western ...
- Schmidt, Sebastian; Grimmeisen, Felix; Ries, Fabian; Goldscheider, Nico; Sauter, Martin
- Grundwasser 2018 v.23 no.1 pp. 59-72
- West Bank, etc ; Escherichia coli; aquifers; groundwater; groundwater recharge; karsts; models; monitoring; nitrates; runoff; soil water; soil water balance; springs (water); urbanization; water management; water quality; water supply; watersheds; Jordan; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... In the semi-arid eastern Mediterranean water supply is highly dependent on karst aquifers. The region is characterized by multi-year dry and wet cycles combined with high hydrological dynamics, especially during intense precipitation events. The investigated karst regions in the West Bank and Jordan are experiencing strong urbanization within the groundwater catchments and hence a rising impact on ...