Jump to Main Content
- Ma, Zengling; Wu, Mingjiang; Lin, Lidong; Thring, Ronald W.; Yu, Hengguo; Zhang, Xu; Zhao, Min
- Harmful algae 2017 v.65 pp. 19-26
- Karenia; adults; algal blooms; allelopathy; chlorophyll; coastal water; electron transfer; leaves; macroalgae; mariculture; photochemistry; photosynthesis; sporophytes; East China Sea
- ... The effects of algal blooms on seaweeds have been rarely studied, although harmful algal blooms (HABs) are now normally regarded as worldwide incidents. In the present study, the effects of dense Karenia mikimotoi cells on the growth and photosynthesis of Hizikia fusiformis, a common and commercially cultivated macroalga in coastal waters of the East China Sea (ECS), were studied to understand the ...
- Lee, Bora; Park, Myung Gil
- Harmful algae 2017 v.65 pp. 1-8
- Dinophysis acuminata; allelopathy; direct contact; encystment; filtrates; food webs; hosts; inoculum; parasitism; parasitoids; periodicity; predator-prey relationships; vegetative cells; zoospores
- ... Some marine dinoflagellates form ecdysal cyst (=temporary cysts) as part of their life cycle or under unfavorable growth conditions. Whether the dinoflagellates form ecdysal cysts or not may influence susceptibility to parasitism. In this study, parasite prevalence relative to inoculum size of the parasitoid Parvilucifera infectans zoospores for two dinoflagellate hosts (i.e., Fragilidium duplocam ...