Jump to Main Content
- Eva Garcia-Vazquez, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Helgoland marine research 2014 v.68 no.1 pp. 143-153
- Mollusca; cytochrome-c oxidase; genes; phylogeny; ribosomal RNA; sympatry; Australia; South Africa
- ... The subfamily Polycerinae includes four genera with around 46 species described to date. This subfamily is characterized by a limaciform body, which may have simple tentacular processes on the margin of the oral veil. Phylogenetic relationships between the genera of the subfamily Polycerinae (Polyceridae) have not yet been studied, and therefore, the only available information is based on morpholo ...
- José Garcia Jr., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Helgoland marine research 2014 v.68 no.1 pp. 17-25
- Caranx; chromosome mapping; chromosomes; fish; fluorescence in situ hybridization; islands; ribosomal DNA
- ... Isolated oceanic islands constitute interesting model systems for the study of colonization processes, as several climatic and oceanographic phenomena have played an important role in the history of the marine ichthyofauna. The present study describes the presence of two morphotypes of Caranx lugubris, in the St. Peter and St. Paul Archipelago located in the mid-Atlantic. Morphotypes were compared ...