Jump to Main Content
- Tyagi, Vikrant; Dhillon, S. K.
- Helia 2018 v.41 no.68 pp. 129-140
- Helianthus annuus; Helianthus argophyllus; Helianthus petiolaris; biotic stress; drought tolerance; genes; genotype; hybrids; introgression; seed yield; water stress; water use efficiency
- ... Wild Helianthus species should have be a main interest sunflower breeding for the introgressing elite genes for biotic and abiotic stress. The future use of wild sunflower in development of drought resistance cytoplasmic sources should be expanded to the wide range of wild species as compared to conventional sources. The objective of this study was to evaluate different parental lines for their wa ...
- Hussain, Muhammad Mubashar; Kausar, Maria; Rauf, Saeed; Khan, M. Farukh Zafar; Paderweski, Jakub; Khan, Maria; ul Haq, Ikram; Raza, Abu Bakar Muhammad
- Helia 2018 v.41 no.68 pp. 83-108
- Helianthus annuus; Helianthus argophyllus; biomarkers; canopy; cell membranes; color; crop production; drought; drought tolerance; epicuticular wax; functional diversity; hybrids; inbred lines; introgression; leaves; parents; phenotype; stress tolerance; water stress
- ... Abiotic stresses including drought are major crop production constraints. However, specific functional phenotypic markers induce resistance against these stresses. Therefore, a study was initiated to study the variability, inheritance and selection of epicuticular waxes (EW) and leaf hairiness (LH) along with low cell membrane injuries (CMI) within F₂ populations derived by crossing H. annuus×H. a ...