Jump to Main Content
- Seiler, Gerald J.
- Helia 2018 v.41 no.68 pp. 1-22
- Agricultural Research Service; Helianthus annuus; agricultural research; agronomists; agronomy; chromosomes; cytoplasmic male sterility; disease resistance; embryo culture; genetic variation; geneticists; germination; industry; interspecific hybridization; mutation; oilseeds; plant biology; research institutions; river valleys; students; wheat; wild relatives; Australia; California; China; North Dakota; Romania; Serbia; Spain
- ... Dr Chao-Chien Jan, Research Geneticist with the USDA-Agricultural Research Service (USDA-ARS), Red River Valley Agricultural Research Center, Northern Crop Science Laboratory, Sunflower and Plant Biology Research Unit, Fargo, ND retired January, 2017 after 35 years of dedicated service. He began his research career in 1974 after receiving his Ph.D. in genetics from the University of California, Da ...
- Yonet, Nilay; Aydin, Yıldız; Evci, Goksel; Altinkut Uncuoglu, Ahu
- Helia 2018 v.41 no.68 pp. 57-72
- Helianthus annuus; Orobanche cernua; agricultural research; alleles; allelic variation; breeding programs; databases; genetic markers; genomics; genotyping; germplasm; microsatellite repeats; oligodeoxyribonucleotides; plant breeding; polymerase chain reaction; races; research institutions; single nucleotide polymorphism
- ... Orobanche cumana Wallr. is a holoparasitic plant for only sunflower, hence it is called as sunflower broomrape. Yield loss created by O. cumana which is generally 50 % can reach to 100 %. In this study, it was planned to perform molecular characterization of O. cumana germplasm as nine locations of Thrace region obtained from Trakya Agricultural Research Institute by using Single Nucleotide Polymo ...