Jump to Main Content
- Rameeh, Valiollah; Andarkhor, Seyed Abbasali
- Helia 2017 v.40 no.66 pp. 61-70
- Helianthus annuus; additive gene effects; breeding programs; cytoplasmic male sterility; flowering; general combining ability; hybrids; oils; parents; seed yield; seeds; sowing date; specific combining ability; testcrosses; yield components
- ... The general (GCA) and specific (SCA) combining abilities among eight cytoplasmic male sterile lines and six restorers as testers were estimated using line ×tester method to assess the potential of the materials in the sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) breeding program. Test cross progenies along with their parents were evaluated in two sowing dates. Both lines and testers had significant difference ...
- Tyagi, Vikrant; Dhillon, S. K.
- Helia 2017 v.40 no.66 pp. 71-83
- Helianthus annuus; analysis of variance; cytoplasm; cytoplasmic male sterility; early development; flowering; general combining ability; genes; hybrids; irrigation; seed yield; specific combining ability; spring; variance; water stress
- ... Nine CMS analogues from different cytoplasmic sources and their common maintainer were crossed with four perfect restorers from PET-1 source to develop of 40 sunflower hybrids. The experiment was conducted during spring season 2011 and 2012 two years continuously, under two different water environments, normal irrigated and water stress environment, where irrigation was stopped after the anthesis. ...