Jump to Main Content
- Cervone, M.; Giannelli, A.; Rosenberg, D.; Perrucci, S.; Otranto, D.
- Helminthologia 2018 v.55 no.1 pp. 77-83
- Filaroides; X-radiation; adults; antigens; bronchopneumonia; case studies; chest; computed tomography; cough; dogs; fenbendazole; hematologic tests; ivermectin; larvae; microscopy; pain; polymerase chain reaction; France
- ... A dog from Paris (France) was referred with a 2-week history of dry cough, intermittent acute onset of dyspnoea, and acute abdominal pain. A generalised bronchoalveolar infiltrate with a patchy distribution was observed at chest x-rays and computed tomography (CT) scans. Negative results were obtained through several faecal examinations for cardiorespiratory nematodes by using the Baermann techniq ...
- Amer, A. S.; Saad, A. E.; Antonios, S. N.; Hasby, E. A.
- Helminthologia 2018 v.55 no.1 pp. 33-44
- Schistosoma mansoni; adults; blood cell counts; cross-sectional studies; eosinophilia; fecal examination; females; granuloma; histopathology; hospitals; hyperplasia; immunoaffinity chromatography; inflammation; parasites; parasitoses; patients; peritonitis; Egypt
- ... Intestinal parasites may cause symptoms similar to acute appendicitis. Moreover, the diagnosis of parasitic infections is only done by post-operative histopathological examination of the appendices. Therefore, our aims are to assess the prevalence of intestinal parasitic infections among patients who were be appendectomized at Tanta Hospitals, Egypt and to investigate the possible association betw ...