Jump to Main Content
- Jiao, Lichao; He, Tuo; Dormontt, Eleanor E.; Zhang, Yonggang; Lowe, Andrew J.; Yin, Yafang
- Holzforschung 2019 v.73 no.2 pp. 209-218
- DNA barcoding; Santalum acuminatum; Santalum album; Santalum spicatum; adulterants; chloroplast DNA; heartwood; logging; markets; monitoring; oils; species identification; trade; wood
- ... The East Indian sandalwood, Santalum album L., is known for its fragrant heartwood and extractive oils. The increasing demand for the valuable sandalwood products has led to illegal and excessive logging, and there are other Santalum species in the commercial market as substitutes (adulterants). Improved tools for the identification of Santalum species are needed to control this situation. In this ...
- Chiang, Nien-Ting; Ma, Li-Ting; Lee, Yi-Ru; Tsao, Nai-Wen; Yang, Chih-Kai; Wang, Sheng-Yang; Chu, Fang-Hua
- Holzforschung 2019 v.73 no.2 pp. 197-208
- Taiwania cryptomerioides; bioactive properties; biosynthesis; cambium; conifers; enzyme activity; enzymes; gene expression; heartwood; lignans; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; sapwood; secondary metabolites; sequence analysis; transcriptome; wood; Taiwan
- ... Taiwania (Taiwania cryptomerioides Hayata) is an indigenous conifer species of Taiwan. Various secondary metabolites of Taiwania with diverse bioactivities have been identified, and lignans are especially abundant in the heartwood (hW). In the present study, the wood of this species was separated to cambium (Cam), sapwood (sW), transition zone (TZ) and hW and their transcriptomes were sequenced. T ...