Jump to Main Content
- Simic, Karlo; Gendvilas, Vilius; O’Reilly, Conor; Harte, Annette M.
- Holzforschung 2019 v.73 no.2 pp. 139-149
- Picea sitchensis; acoustics; bending strength; models; modulus of elasticity; prediction; trees; wood; Ireland
- ... In Ireland, most structural timber from Sitka spruce (Picea sitchensis [Bong.] Carr.) is machine graded into C16 strength class. However, timber from early thinnings is mostly used for non-structural applications. There is an increased demand for structural timber, and timber from young trees could contribute to wood supply. However, this timber has lower mechanical properties than mature timber. ...
- McKinley, Paige; Sinha, Arijit; Kamke, Frederick A.
- Holzforschung 2019 v.73 no.2 pp. 155-164
- Pseudotsuga menziesii; analysis of variance; digital images; modulus of elasticity; weathering; wood
- ... The quality of wood composites is dependent on the bondlines’ performance and their moisture resistance. The effect of moisture intrusion into bondlines is the focus of this study. The strain profile in the bondline during loading was investigated and the effects of weathering on the bondline were quantified by digital image correlation (DIC), while load deflection data were collected from lap-she ...