Jump to Main Content
- Peng, Xiaorui; Zhang, Zhankuan
- Holzforschung 2019 v.73 no.3 pp. 313-322
- Brachystegia; adhesion; adhesives; crystal structure; deformation; moieties; plastic film; polyethylene; pressing; temperature; thermal expansion; wood
- ... A new type of plastic-film-reinforced pliable decorative sliced veneer (PF-RP-DSV) for wood product surface finishing was developed. The plastic film served as both the reinforcing and adhesive material. Consequently, the veneer did not need adhesives during preparation and wood surface finishing. However, the interface bonding strength between the two composite was low and the curling deformation ...
- Grigsby, Warren; Tohmura, Shin-ichiro; Miyamoto, Kohta
- Holzforschung 2019 v.73 no.3 pp. 305-311
- Shorea; acetaldehyde; additives; adhesives; condensates; corn gluten; emissions; formaldehyde; gases; hardwood; high performance liquid chromatography; ingredients; lignin; plywood; pressing; proanthocyanidins; quantitative analysis; resins; soy flour; volatile organic compounds
- ... Soy and corn gluten proteins are common ingredients in adhesives and resins together with kraft lignin and condensed tannin. The relative contribution of these additives to volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions in the course of processing hardwood veneer products was evaluated. Press emissions were captured and separated into condensate and gaseous fractions. High-performance liquid chromatogr ...