Jump to Main Content
- Lakani, Sahba Aliniyay; Hedjazi, Sahab; Abdulkhani, Ali
- Holzforschung 2019 v.73 no.3 pp. 287-294
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Alnus subcordata; Gleditsia caspica; Parrotia persica; Pterocarya fraxinifolia; acetone; acetophenones; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bark; chemical analysis; forests; free radicals; hydroquinone; indigenous species; inhibitory concentration 50; quinones; resorcinol; vanillin; Iran
- ... Chemical analysis of the bark from four Hyrcanian forest species, Pterocarya fraxinifolia, Alnus subcordata, Gleditsia caspica and Parrotia persica were performed, and their total phenol contents, and antioxidant and chelating activities were evaluated. The greatest total phenol content (TPhC), 54.3% in dry extract, was detected in P. fraxinifolia bark and the lowest one in G. caspica bark with 4. ...
- Alarcón, Marina; Díaz-Maroto, M. Consuelo; Pérez-Coello, M. Soledad; Alañón, M. Elena
- Holzforschung 2019 v.73 no.3 pp. 295-303
- Castanea sativa; Nothofagus pumilio; Prunus avium; Quercus alba; Quercus petraea; Robinia pseudoacacia; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; cherries; coconuts; flavorings; food industry; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; odors; solvents; spices; volatile compounds; wood; wood residues
- ... Cooperage woods are rich in volatile compounds responsible for pleasant aromas described as coconut, vanilla, spice, caramel, toasty, etc. In the present work, the hot water extraction under 103 bar pressure of natural flavoring compounds from cooperage wood residues is described. It was possible to obtain aqueous extracts rich in diverse volatile compounds from the following wood species: oak (Qu ...