Jump to Main Content
- Simic, Karlo; Gendvilas, Vilius; O’Reilly, Conor; Harte, Annette M.
- Holzforschung 2019 v.73 no.2 pp. 139-149
- Picea sitchensis; acoustics; bending strength; models; modulus of elasticity; prediction; trees; wood; Ireland
- ... In Ireland, most structural timber from Sitka spruce (Picea sitchensis [Bong.] Carr.) is machine graded into C16 strength class. However, timber from early thinnings is mostly used for non-structural applications. There is an increased demand for structural timber, and timber from young trees could contribute to wood supply. However, this timber has lower mechanical properties than mature timber. ...
- Krajnc, Luka; Farrelly, Niall; Harte, Annette M.
- Holzforschung 2019 v.73 no.11 pp. 987-996
- Picea abies; Picea sitchensis; Pseudotsuga menziesii; bending strength; modulus of elasticity; softwood; wood physical properties
- ... Research on the mechanical and physical properties of wood is commonly carried out on either small clear specimens or structural-sized boards. The first approach was more frequently utilized in the past, while the latter is more commonly used nowadays. However, there is very little information on how the two approaches relate with one another. This study aimed to quantify the relationships between ...