Jump to Main Content
- da Silveira, Marcelo F.; Gouveia, Fernando N.; Moreira, Alessandro C.O.; Oliveira, José Roberto V.; Silva, Anna Sofya V.S.; Almeida, Getúlio F.; Costa, Alexandre F.
- Holzforschung 2019 v.73 no.2 pp. 151-154
- decay resistance, etc ; Aspidosperma; Combretum; Coriolus versicolor; Diptychandra; Gloeophyllum trabeum; Machaerium; Pityrocarpa moniliformis; Pterodon; Pycnoporus sanguineus; Swartzia; Terminalia; caatinga; ecosystems; fungi; laboratory experimentation; specific gravity; weight loss; wood; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Natural resistance of eight wood species from Caatinga, an exclusive Brazilian biome, was evaluated according to [ASTM Standard (2005) D 2017-05. Standard test method of accelerated laboratory test of natural decay resistance of woods.]. Samples were exposed to white rot (WR) and brown rot (BR) fungi, namely to Trametes versicolor (WR), Pycnoporus sanguineus (WR), Gloeophyllum trabeum (BR) and Glo ...
- Bari, Ehsan; Jamali, Ali; Nazarnezhad, Nouredin; Nicholas, Darrel D.; Humar, Miha; Najafian, Mohammad
- Holzforschung 2019 v.73 no.9 pp. 839-846
- decay resistance, etc ; Carpinus betulus; acetic acid; acetylation; acid treatment; bending strength; compression strength; durability; formalin; methylation; photochemistry; wood; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The objective of this research was to evaluate the influence of acetyl and methyl bonds on the physical, mechanical, photochemical and biological resistance properties of hornbeam wood. Carpinus betulus (hornbeam) wood is considered to be a less valuable species due to poor durability. In order to improve its properties, a novel and simple method was applied to modify wood samples. Hence, wood sam ...