Jump to Main Content
- Dang, Binh T.T.; Brelid, Harald; Theliander, Hans
- Holzforschung 2018 v.72 no.7 pp. 539-547
- Pinus sylvestris; arabinans; arabinogalactans; arabinose; beta-glucans; carbohydrate content; chemical bonding; cooking; galactose; glucose; ionic strength; lignin; mannose; molecular weight; pH; sodium; sodium carbonate; sodium chloride; waste liquors; wood flour; xylose
- ... The influence of sodium ion concentration [Na⁺] on the dissolution of carbohydrates in black liquor (BL) during flow-through kraft cooking of Scots pine wood meal (Pinus sylvestris) was studied. Fractions of BL were collected at different times and the carbohydrate content of the various fractions was analysed. Lignin was precipitated from the BL by lowering the pH, and the carbohydrate content of ...
- Llana, Daniel F.; Hermoso, Eva; Bobadilla, Ignacio; Iñiguez-Gonzalez, Guillermo
- Holzforschung 2018 v.72 no.7 pp. 549-555
- Pinus pinaster; Pinus radiata; Pinus sylvestris; fiber saturation; resistance to penetration; softwood; water content
- ... Needle penetration resistance (NPR) and screw withdrawal resistance (SWR) are widely used techniques for density estimation of woods integrated in timber structures. The moisture content (MC) influences these measurements and correction coefficients are needed to ensure the accuracy of results. The goal of the present paper was to scrutinize the relation between NPR and SWR measurements and MC in ...