Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Rani; Dubey, Arvind Kumar; Sanyal, Indraneel
- Horticultural plant journal 2019 v.5 no.1 pp. 39-46
- Agrobacterium; Canna; Southern blotting; ascorbic acid; benzyladenine; cefotaxime; cultivars; cutin; cysteine; dithiothreitol; excision; explants; fibrous roots; food industry; genotype; greenhouses; horticultural crops; indole acetic acid; indole butyric acid; kanamycin; kinetin; market value; ornamental plants; perianth; plantlets; polymerase chain reaction; protocols; rhizomes; shoots; thidiazuron; tissue culture; transgenes; vase life
- ... Canna being ornamental plants has a significant role in agriculture, medical, economy and food industry. Canna has a limited vase life due to the rapid loss of moisture from its perianth. For improving its market value, cuticularisation of the perianth can be achieved by the expression of a heterologous cutin producing gene, using the tissue culture and transformation protocol developed in this st ...
- Parmoon, Ghasem; Moosavi, Seyed Amir; Siadat, Seyed Ataollah
- Horticultural plant journal 2019 v.5 no.1 pp. 17-23
- accelerated aging; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; cultivars; ecotypes; enzyme activity; horticultural crops; humidity; longevity; okra; seed germination; seed quality; seedlings; seeds; temperature; vigor; Iran
- ... Knowledge of seed quality and preservation of okra seeds is very limited, and the main purpose of this study was to simulate the condition of seed quality loss during storage and the physiological implications, which has led to seed vigor loss. A factorial experiment was conducted with the aim of studying the mechanism of longevity loss of the three endemic okra ecotypes of Iran (Ahwaz, Isfahan, M ...