Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Rani; Dubey, Arvind Kumar; Sanyal, Indraneel
- Horticultural plant journal 2019 v.5 no.1 pp. 39-46
- Agrobacterium; Canna; Southern blotting; ascorbic acid; benzyladenine; cefotaxime; cultivars; cutin; cysteine; dithiothreitol; excision; explants; fibrous roots; food industry; genotype; greenhouses; horticultural crops; indole acetic acid; indole butyric acid; kanamycin; kinetin; market value; ornamental plants; perianth; plantlets; polymerase chain reaction; protocols; rhizomes; shoots; thidiazuron; tissue culture; transgenes; vase life
- ... Canna being ornamental plants has a significant role in agriculture, medical, economy and food industry. Canna has a limited vase life due to the rapid loss of moisture from its perianth. For improving its market value, cuticularisation of the perianth can be achieved by the expression of a heterologous cutin producing gene, using the tissue culture and transformation protocol developed in this st ...
- Xu, Hua; Xu, Leifeng; Yang, Panpan; Cao, Yuwei; Tang, Yuchao; He, Guoren; Yuan, Suxia; Lei, Jingyi; Ming, Jun
- Horticultural plant journal 2019 v.5 no.1 pp. 31-38
- DNA shuffling; Lilium; Tobacco rattle virus; enzymes; gene silencing; genes; genetic transformation; horticultural crops; inoculation methods; leaves; phenotype; protocols; seedlings; survival rate
- ... Gene function analysis is challenging for Lilium due to the lack of an efficient method for stable genetic transformation. Virus-induced gene silencing (VIGS) is an attractive tool for determining gene function in plants. This study reported that Tobacco rattle virus (TRV)-based VIGS of a PHYTOENE DESATURASE (PDS) ortholog (LhPDS) can be achieved in Lilium × formolongi seedlings, with a survival r ...