Jump to Main Content
- Shi, Yanxia; Meng, Shanshan; Xie, Xuewen; Chai, Ali; Li, Baoju
- Horticultural plant journal 2016 v.2 no.1 pp. 35-40
- Ascochyta; Cladosporium cucumerinum; Colletotrichum orbiculare; Didymella bryoniae; anthracnose; cucumbers; germination; gummy stem blight; heat; heat treatment; horticultural crops; pathogens; seed moisture; seeds; vigor; water content
- ... Dry heat treatment has been identified as a method for disinfecting seed-borne pathogens in vegetable seeds. This study demonstrated that three seed-borne pathogens of cucumber (Cladosporium cucumerinum that causes scabs, Ascochyta citrullina that results in gummy stem blight, and Colletotrichum orbiculare that induces anthracnose) could be effectively eradicated from cucumber seeds by dry heat tr ...
- Li, Chaohan; Li, Yansu; Bai, Longqiang; He, Chaoxing; Yu, Xianchang
- Horticultural plant journal 2016 v.2 no.1 pp. 41-49
- Cucumis sativus; Cucurbita moschata; cucumbers; drought tolerance; horticultural crops; leaves; messenger RNA; microRNA; plant growth; pumpkins; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; roots; rootstocks; scions; seedlings; water stress
- ... Grafting of cucumber is widely used to improve growth and tolerance to biotic and abiotic stresses. MicroRNAs (miRNAs) regulate plant growth and development, and respond to various stresses through negative, post-transcriptional regulation of the expression of their target genes. We grafted cucumber (Cucumis sativus) scions onto pumpkin (Cucurbita moschata) rootstocks to study the molecular mechan ...