Jump to Main Content
- Gouba, Nina; Hien, Yeri Esther; Guissou, Marie Laure; Fonkou, Maxime Descartes Mbogning; Traoré, Yves; Tarnagda, Zekiba
- Human microbiome journal 2019 v.12 pp. 100056
- digestive tract; dysbiosis; ecosystems; fungi; gastrointestinal system; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; humans; immune response; immune system; intestinal microorganisms; microbiome; mycobiota
- ... The human gastrointestinal tract exists as a complex ecosystem and contains a mycobiome and a microbiome that play central roles in host health, disease and immune system regulation. Here, we reviewed the traditional culture-dependent methods, the culturomics methods and the molecular methods used to study the gut mycobiome and microbiome. With the development of next-generation sequencing techniq ...
- Di Guglielmo, Matthew D.; Franke, Karl; Cox, Courtney; Crowgey, Erin L.
- Human microbiome journal 2019 v.12 pp. 100057
- adhesins; adults; breast feeding; diet; digestive system; genes; humans; infant feeding; infants; intestinal microorganisms; metagenomics; microbiome; obesity; pathogenesis
- ... Advancements in sequencing capabilities have enhanced the study of the human microbiome. There are limited studies focused on the gastro-intestinal (gut) microbiome of infants, particularly the impact of diet between breast-fed (BF) versus formula-fed (FF). It is unclear what effect, if any, early feeding has on short-term or long-term composition and function of the gut microbiome.Using a shotgun ...