Jump to Main Content
- Dossi, Florian; Leitner, Patrick; Pauls, Steffen; Graf, Wolfram
- Hydrobiologia 2018 v.805 no.1 pp. 245-258
- benthic organisms; biodiversity; ecological restoration; ecosystems; emotions; fauna; fluid mechanics; habitats; invertebrates; rivers; wood; Austria
- ... Instream large wood (LW) constitutes an indispensable element of natural river ecosystems. It affects local hydraulics, morphology, nutrient budget, overall habitat complexity, and dynamics. Despite numerous studies about LW as a habitat for benthic communities, information on the varying importance along the longitudinal gradient of a river is lacking. The focus of this study is therefore to inve ...
- Prechtel, Austin R.; Coulter, Alison A.; Etchison, Luke; Jackson, P. Ryan; Goforth, Reuben R.
- Hydrobiologia 2018 v.805 no.1 pp. 203-218
- Hypophthalmichthys molitrix; ecosystems; fish; habitats; home range; indigenous species; invasive species; landscapes; rivers
- ... Unregulated rivers provide unobstructed corridors for the dispersal of both native and invasive species. We sought to evaluate range size and habitat use of an invasive species (Silver Carp, Hypophthalmichthys molitrix) in an unimpounded river reach (Wabash River, IN), to provide insights into the dispersal of invasive species and their potential overlap with native species. We hypothesized that r ...