Jump to Main Content
- Ceschin, Fernanda; Bini, Luis Mauricio; Padial, André Andrian
- Hydrobiologia 2018 v.805 no.1 pp. 377-389
- community structure; dams (hydrology); ecosystems; fish; fish communities; floodplains; hydrology; introduced species; macrophytes; models; oligotrophication; rivers; species diversity; temporal variation; uncertainty
- ... We investigated correlates of long-term temporal variation in the beta diversity of macrophytes, sedentary fish, and migratory fish communities in the Upper Paraná River floodplain. Two metrics of among-site variation in community composition were calculated in up to 45 sampling periods over 12 years for each biological group. We then tested the following beta diversity correlates: richness and pr ...
- Prechtel, Austin R.; Coulter, Alison A.; Etchison, Luke; Jackson, P. Ryan; Goforth, Reuben R.
- Hydrobiologia 2018 v.805 no.1 pp. 203-218
- Hypophthalmichthys molitrix; ecosystems; fish; habitats; home range; indigenous species; invasive species; landscapes; rivers
- ... Unregulated rivers provide unobstructed corridors for the dispersal of both native and invasive species. We sought to evaluate range size and habitat use of an invasive species (Silver Carp, Hypophthalmichthys molitrix) in an unimpounded river reach (Wabash River, IN), to provide insights into the dispersal of invasive species and their potential overlap with native species. We hypothesized that r ...