Jump to Main Content
- Dossi, Florian; Leitner, Patrick; Pauls, Steffen; Graf, Wolfram
- Hydrobiologia 2018 v.805 no.1 pp. 245-258
- benthic organisms; biodiversity; ecological restoration; ecosystems; emotions; fauna; fluid mechanics; habitats; invertebrates; rivers; wood; Austria
- ... Instream large wood (LW) constitutes an indispensable element of natural river ecosystems. It affects local hydraulics, morphology, nutrient budget, overall habitat complexity, and dynamics. Despite numerous studies about LW as a habitat for benthic communities, information on the varying importance along the longitudinal gradient of a river is lacking. The focus of this study is therefore to inve ...
- Cabaitan, Patrick C.; Malvicini, Christopher; Sabban, Frederico; Conaco, Cecilia
- Hydrobiologia 2018 v.805 no.1 pp. 89-96
- Stegastes; Tridacna gigas; biodiversity; clams; community structure; corals; farmers; farms; habitats; shade; shell (molluscs); turf algae; Philippines
- ... Territorial farmer damselfishes are facilitators that selectively farm turf algae in degraded reef patches. The effect of damselfish on algae and corals has been widely studied but the ability of the damselfish to establish farms on other substrates is less understood. In the giant clam ocean nursery in Bolinao, northwestern Philippines, farmer damselfishes, particularly Stegastes nigricans, Disch ...