Jump to Main Content
- Živić, Ivana; Živić, Miroslav; Bjelanović, Katarina; Milošević, Djuradj; Stanojlović, Sanja; Daljević, Radoslav; Marković, Zoran
- Hydrobiologia 2014 v.732 no.1 pp. 147-159
- Ephemeroptera, etc ; Chironomidae; Plecoptera; Trichoptera; case studies; climatic factors; community structure; global warming; macroinvertebrates; species diversity; water; water temperature; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The aim of this study was to predict global warming effects on benthic macroinvertebrate community structure by using a small temperate geothermal stream as a model system. We collected benthic macroinvertebrates, measured physical and chemical water properties at eight localities up the Kudoški stream steep water temperature gradient, and used 11 metrics and indexes to characterize community stru ...
- Conti, Lorenza; Schmidt-Kloiber, Astrid; Grenouillet, Gaël; Graf, Wolfram
- Hydrobiologia 2014 v.721 no.1 pp. 297-315
- Ephemeroptera, etc ; Plecoptera; Trichoptera; aquatic insects; climate change; data collection; ecoregions; ecosystems; endangered species; freshwater; geographical distribution; indicator species; macroinvertebrates; monitoring; statistical analysis; temperature; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Aquatic insects are the dominant taxon group in most freshwater ecosystems. As temperature is the main driver of their life cycle development, metabolic activity, and geographic distribution, these macroinvertebrates are particularly suitable for large scale and comparative studies of freshwater community responses to climate change. A dataset of bio-ecological traits of 1,942 Ephemeroptera, Pleco ...