Jump to Main Content
- CÃ©rÃ©ghino, RÃ©gis; Oertli, Beat; Bazzanti, Marcello; Coccia, Cristina; Compin, Arthur; Biggs, Jeremy; Bressi, Nicolas; Grillas, Patrick; Hull, Andrew; Kalettka, Thomas; Scher, Olivier
- Hydrobiologia 2012 v.689 no.1 pp. 51-61
- Mediterranean region, etc ; nutrient content; rivers; energy; reproduction; community structure; ponds; vegetation; ecosystems; temperature; geology; habitats; databases; climate; macroinvertebrates; Europe; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Whilst biological traits of river macroinvertebrates show unimodal responses to geographic changes in habitat conditions in Europe, we still do not know whether spatial turnover of species result in distinct combinations of biological traits for pond macroinvertebrates. Here, we used data on the occurrence of 204 macroinvertebrate taxa in 120 ponds from four biogeographic regions of Europe, to com ...
- Salmaso, Nico; Naselli-Flores, Luigi; PadisÃ¡k, Judit
- Hydrobiologia 2012 v.698 no.1 pp. 375-384
- Mediterranean region, etc ; agricultural land; anthropogenic activities; aquatic environment; case studies; climate change; ecosystems; eutrophication; forests; humans; lakes; land use; mountains; phytoplankton; ponds; rivers; taxonomy; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... This article summarizes the outcomes of the 16th Workshop of the International Association for Phytoplankton Taxonomy and Ecology. Four major issues dealing with the impact exerted by human activities on phytoplankton were addressed in the articles of this special volume: climate change and its impacts on phytoplankton, the role of land use in shaping composition and diversity of phytoplankton, th ...