Jump to Main Content
- Vesna Karadžić; Gordana Subakov Simić; Dejan Natić; Ana Ržaničanin; Miloš Ćirić; Zoran Gačić
- Hydrobiologia 2013 v.711 no.1 pp. 43-60
- Aphanizomenon flos-aquae; Cylindrospermopsis raciborskii; Microcystis aeruginosa; biochemical oxygen demand; biomass; chlorophyll; correlation; eutrophication; irrigation canals; irrigation systems; phytoplankton; rivers; species diversity; summer; turbidity; water quality; Serbia
- ... Species composition and seasonal succession of phytoplankton were analyzed in a lowland river located in South Banat (Ponjavica, Serbia). As a result of human activity, a network of irrigation channels was built on the Ponjavica River’s upper and lower courses. These channels reduce the water level in the river and help to create favorable conditions for accelerated eutrophication processes. Eight ...
- Arora, Jyoti; Mehra, N. K.
- Hydrobiologia 2009 v.626 no.1 pp. 27-40
- nutrient content; cations; watersheds; seasonal variation; Microcystis aeruginosa; groundwater; biochemical oxygen demand; zooplankton; interspecific variation; lakes; Mesocyclops; multivariate analysis; surface water; water quality; community structure; species diversity; chemical oxygen demand; Brachionus; silicates; physicochemical properties; environmental factors; rain; nitrates; India
- ... Old Fort Lake, a small (1.6 ha), shallow, and recreational water body in Delhi (India) was studied through monthly surveys in two consecutive years (January, 2000-December, 2001). Precipitation is the major source of water for this closed basin lake. In addition, ground water is used for replenishing the lake regularly. This alkaline, hyposaline hard water lake contains very high ionic concentrati ...