Jump to Main Content
- Janina C. Vogt; Dirk C. Albach; Katarzyna A. Palinska
- Hydrobiologia 2018 v.811 no.1 pp. 103-117
- Lyngbya; community structure; ecosystems; environmental factors; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; littoral zone; niches; ribosomal RNA; sediments; spring; summer; temporal variation; Germany; North Sea
- ... Tidal flats are extremely dynamic habitats in several environmental parameters, which enforces severe selection on their microbial inhabitants. Despite good knowledge of the species present, little is known about the temporal dynamics of their communities. Aim of the study was the investigation of cyanobacterial populations in intertidal flats of the German Wadden Sea and their seasonal- and sedim ...
- Géza B. Selmeczy; Lothar Krienitz; Peter Casper; Judit Padisák
- Hydrobiologia 2018 v.805 no.1 pp. 259-271
- Planktothrix rubescens; climate change; community structure; ecosystems; lakes; models; phytoplankton; Germany
- ... A number of modelling results suggested thermocline shifts as a consequence of global climate change in stratifying lakes. Abundance and composition of the phytoplankton assemblage is strongly affected by the stratification patterns, and therefore, change in the thermocline position might have a substantial effect on this community or even on the whole lake ecosystem. In this study, thermocline de ...