Jump to Main Content
- CÃ©rÃ©ghino, RÃ©gis; Oertli, Beat; Bazzanti, Marcello; Coccia, Cristina; Compin, Arthur; Biggs, Jeremy; Bressi, Nicolas; Grillas, Patrick; Hull, Andrew; Kalettka, Thomas; Scher, Olivier
- Hydrobiologia 2012 v.689 no.1 pp. 51-61
- Mediterranean region, etc ; nutrient content; rivers; energy; reproduction; community structure; ponds; vegetation; ecosystems; temperature; geology; habitats; databases; climate; macroinvertebrates; Europe; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Whilst biological traits of river macroinvertebrates show unimodal responses to geographic changes in habitat conditions in Europe, we still do not know whether spatial turnover of species result in distinct combinations of biological traits for pond macroinvertebrates. Here, we used data on the occurrence of 204 macroinvertebrate taxa in 120 ponds from four biogeographic regions of Europe, to com ...
- Della Bella, Valentina; Mancini, Laura
- Hydrobiologia 2009 v.634 no.1 pp. 25-41
- Mediterranean region, etc ; Coleoptera; Ephemeroptera; Eunotia; European Union; Hirudinea; Neidium; Odonata; Pinnularia; Pleidae; Stauroneis; Trichoptera; coasts; community structure; ecosystems; freshwater; habitats; humans; hydrochemistry; landscapes; lowlands; macroinvertebrates; ponds; species diversity; surface water; woodlands; Italy; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Mediterranean coastal areas are characterised by heavily transformed landscapes and an ever-increasing number of ponds are subjected to strong alterations. Although benthic diatoms and macroinvertebrates are widely used as indicators in freshwater ecosystems, little is still known about the diatom communities of lowland freshwater ponds in the Mediterranean region, and, furthermore, there are few ...