Jump to Main Content
- Burzyński, Artur, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Hydrobiologia 2018 v.810 no.1 pp. 239-254
- Unio; eggs; fathers; females; freshwater mussels; genes; genetic variation; germ cells; gonads; haplotypes; inheritance (genetics); males; mitochondrial DNA; mitochondrial genome; open reading frames; progeny; somatic cells
- ... Unio tumidus is a native European freshwater mussel from the family Unionidae. These mussels have a unique system of mitochondrial DNA inheritance called doubly uniparental inheritance (DUI). Under DUI, two types of mitochondrial DNA are present: haplotype F (female genome)—inherited from mother and haplotype M (male genome)—inherited from fathers to male offspring. The F genome occurs in eggs and ...
- Burzyński, Artur, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Hydrobiologia 2018 v.810 no.1 pp. 255-263
- Dreissena polymorpha; Mya arenaria; clams; data collection; genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; males; mitochondria; mitochondrial DNA; mitochondrial genome; polymerase chain reaction; population genetics; transcriptome; transcriptomics; Poland
- ... Zebra mussels Dreissena polymorpha (Veneroida, Dreissenidae) are known for their invasive behavior. Despite numerous studies dealing with this species, no results of large sequencing projects have been published to date, hampering marker development. In this study, we present a relatively large novel transcriptomic dataset obtained by Illumina MiSeq technology from mantle and male gonad of D. poly ...