Jump to Main Content
- Freixa, Anna, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Hydrobiologia 2019 v.828 no.1 pp. 199-212
- algae; base flow; chlorophyll; drought; microbial biomass; microbial communities; microorganisms; organic matter; particle size distribution; porosity; regression analysis; rivers; sand; shear stress; surface area
- ... River sediment physical properties are linked to flow and are important for the attachment of microorganisms. The objective of this study was to assess the relationship between physical characteristics of surface sediments in a Mediterranean river and their organic matter content and microbial biomass. To do this, we analyzed particle-size distribution, organic matter content, chlorophyll-a, and b ...
- Freixa, Anna, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Hydrobiologia 2016 v.765 no.1 pp. 169-183
- anthropogenic activities; bacteria; biofilm; enzyme activity; rivers; sediments; wastewater treatment
- ... We examined how wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) inputs affect fluvial biofilm functioning and structure developing on river surface sediments in two different reaches characterized by different anthropogenic pressures. The upper reach includes one site before and one after Palautordera WWTP (Pref and P, respectively); the lower reach includes one site before and one after Tordera WWTP (Tref and ...