Jump to Main Content
- Hou, Zhangshuan; Scheibe, Timothy D.; Murray, Christopher J.; Perkins, William A.; Arntzen, Evan V.; Ren, Huiying; Mackley, Robert D.; Richmond, Marshall C.
- Hydrological processes 2019 v.33 no.8 pp. 1245-1259
- alluvium; aquifers; biogeochemistry; groundwater; hydrodynamics; mathematical models; rivers; stream channels; surface water; texture; Columbia River
- ... In the Hanford Reach of the Columbia River, a thin layer of recent alluvium overlies the sedimentary formations that comprise the unconfined groundwater aquifer. Experimental and modelling studies have demonstrated that this alluvial layer exerts significant control on the exchange of groundwater and surface water (hydrologic exchange flux), and is associated with elevated levels of biogeochemical ...
- Henson, Wesley R.; Cohen, Matthew J.; Graham, Wendy D.
- Hydrological processes 2019 v.33 no.8 pp. 1191-1203
- aquifers; biogeochemistry; denitrification; dissolved oxygen; groundwater; groundwater flow; isotopes; karsts; nitrates; nitrogen; redox potential; spatial variation; spring; springs (water); wells; wetlands; Florida
- ... Karst spring measurements assess biogeochemical processes occurring within groundwater contributing areas to springs (springsheds) but can only provide aggregated information. To better understand spatially distributed processes that comprise these aggregated measures, we investigated aquifer denitrification evidence in groundwater wells (n = 16) distributed throughout a springshed in the Upper Fl ...