Jump to Main Content
- Harman, Ciaran J.; Cosans, Cassandra L.
- Hydrological processes 2019 v.33 no.8 pp. 1168-1190
- aquifers; bedrock; coevolution; drainage; fluid mechanics; groundwater; groundwater flow; kinetics; models; permeability; solutes; streams; topographic slope; weathering
- ... The advance of a chemical weathering front into the bedrock of a hillslope is often limited by the rate weathering products that can be carried away, maintaining chemical disequilibrium. If the weathering front is within the saturated zone, groundwater flow downslope may affect the rate of transport and weathering—however, weathering also modifies the rock permeability and the subsurface potential ...
- Henson, Wesley R.; Cohen, Matthew J.; Graham, Wendy D.
- Hydrological processes 2019 v.33 no.8 pp. 1191-1203
- aquifers; biogeochemistry; denitrification; dissolved oxygen; groundwater; groundwater flow; isotopes; karsts; nitrates; nitrogen; redox potential; spatial variation; spring; springs (water); wells; wetlands; Florida
- ... Karst spring measurements assess biogeochemical processes occurring within groundwater contributing areas to springs (springsheds) but can only provide aggregated information. To better understand spatially distributed processes that comprise these aggregated measures, we investigated aquifer denitrification evidence in groundwater wells (n = 16) distributed throughout a springshed in the Upper Fl ...