Jump to Main Content
- Gupta, Hoshin V., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Hydrological processes 2016 v.30 no.15 pp. 2703-2716
- case studies; hydrology; prediction; uncertainty; watersheds; Yangtze River
- ... Prediction intervals (PIs) are commonly used to quantify the accuracy and precision of a forecast. However, traditional ways to construct PIs typically require strong assumptions about data distribution and involve a large computational burden. Here, we improve upon the recent proposed Lower Upper Bound Estimation method and extend it to a multi‐objective framework. The proposed methods are demons ...
- Gupta, Hoshin V., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Hydrological processes 2008 v.22 no.18 pp. 3802-3813
- basins; environmental models; environmental science; prediction; uncertainty analysis
- ... This paper discusses the need for a well-considered approach to reconciling environmental theory with observations that has clear and compelling diagnostic power. This need is well recognized by the scientific community in the context of the 'Predictions in Ungaged Basins' initiative and the National Science Foundation sponsored 'Environmental Observatories' initiative, among others. It is suggest ...